ITB China press releases - English
- The Marketplace for China’s Travel Industry to strengthen longstanding partnership with one of the leading online travel groups in the world
- Cooperation with 2021 ASIA-PACIFIC CORPORATE TRAVEL SUMMIT, organized by Trip.com Group as Corporate Travel Event Partner
- ETC will showcase a multitude of European destinations through their hybrid EUROPE pavillion at ITB China 2021
- Latest Chinese market data reveals sentiment of majority for travelling abroad is warming up
- Chinese outbound tourism market both opportunity and challenge for European DMOs
- ITB China announces the partnerships with 15 leading Chinese travel companies as Founding and Strategic Partners of the ITB China Buyers Circle. First launched in 2018, the circle is a nationwide buyers’ community for all professional Chinese travel buyers and has been strongly supported and actively participated by the industry- leading buyer companies since then.
- Application deadline 22 October – Pitches and awards ceremony
to be held at ITB China on 25 November – Winner will be rewarded
with a stand at the trade show – new jury members on board from
Trip.com, Jin Jiang Global Innovation Center, BTG Homeinns
Hotels Group, New Century Hotels & Resorts and Ocean Link
- Wyndham Hotels & Resorts becomes the Official Partner Hotel of ITB China 2021, which is set to take place as a physical event in Shanghai from 24 – 26 Nov 2021, with a virtual extension from 8 Nov to 31 Dec 2021.
- ITB China 2021 to combine physical and virtual participation options in complementary hybrid format
- The new virtual platform features prescheduled online meetings, multi-media product presentations, networking and content
- ITB China Conference to be livestreamed, offering simultaneous multilingual translation and on-demand content
- ITB China co-hosted the 10th edition of the Business Travel MICE Procurement Convention in Beijing
- Over 600 industry professionals attended the event
- Convention theme: Mutual promotion between MICE and the industries it serves
- ITB China Special Edition will not take place as planned in May due to the cross-border restrictions resulting from the ongoing coronavirus pandemic
- ITB China 2021 in Shanghai, 24 – 26 November, on track with new hybrid concept
- ITB China Special Edition, a newly designed travel event format, kicking off in Beijing from 7 – 8 May 2021
- Save the new dates of ITB China 2021 in Shanghai: 24 – 26 November
- The ITB China Industry MeetUp event series concluded successfully in November 2020
- Strong sponsor line-up from Europe and around the world
- Kick-off event in Shenzhen on 24 September, with all sponsor spaces being sold out
- Gathering of high-ranking attendees and last call to participate
- Health and safety become key concerns
- FIT and customizd travel will be preferred
- Bleisure to be still one of the trends for business travel
- Keep sustaining awareness and popularity in the market
- Travel to be still one of the preferred leisure activities among Chinese consumers
- Latest statistics on China’s travel market during holiday season shows strong consumer demand & restored confidence in travel
- 3-months networking series, designed to reconnect with the chinese travel industry
- Seven stations to meet a total of 700+ Chinese travel professionals in Shenzhen, Changsha, Beijing, Shenyang, Chengdu, Xi’an & Shanghai
- Marriott International to become the Partner Hotel of all ITB China Industry MeetUp events in 2020
The 2020 China Market Recovery Special Edition conducted by ITB China, to analyze and present the most important Chinese market trends in a post-COVID-19 world
29 May 20 – ITB China to co-host 2020 TravelDaily Conference
- ITB China to be the co-host of 2020 TravelDaily Conference
- Held on 25-27 November 2020 at Shanghai International Convention Center
- Topic: “Rebuild with Synergy”
- New dates announced for ITB China 2021: 12-14 May
- New show dates will be further announced by the organisers
- ITB China has announced a partnership with the China Business Exhibition Federation (CBEF) to strengthen the participation of association buyers.
- The cooperation between CBEF and ITB China will involve CBEF organizing and leading a delegation of senior association buyers to attend ITB China, set to take place from 13 to 15 May 2020 in Shanghai.
- SITE brings together exclusively MICE and Corporate travel stakeholders from China and around the world.
- ITB China 2020 will give this dynamic and promising market its own platform by launching a dedicated MICE Travel Conference and topic-based networking events.
- SITE China will invite SITE Global to promote ITB China throughout their channels.
- Chengdu Inbound Tourism Strategic Partnership Alliance officially launched
- Mr. David Axiotis, the general manager of ITB China was appointed as the Chengdu Tourism Global Ambassador
- New exhibition area, conference sessions and networking events
- Inbound Travel now has its own platform at China’s largest b2b exclusive travel trade show
- Buyers registration is now open
- China BT MICE becomes major partner of enhanced MICE & Corporate Travel segment
- Launch of ITB China MICE Travel Conference on 14 May 2020
- ITB China Travel Trends Report 2020 to feature in-depth chapter on China’s MICE landscape
- Business Travel MICE Procurement Conference-Shanghai Station successful launch – all set to continue on a yearly basis
- ITB China, taking place from 13 to 15 May 2020 in Shanghai, announces that hotel industry giant Wyndham Hotels & Resorts has become the official partner hotel for the third year in a row.
- ITB China strategic partner – Main theme: Integrating Culture & Tourism to Build an Intelligent Future – ITB China 2020: New focus on Inbound Travel
- Meituan Hotel to become Partner OTA, Conference Area Sponsor and merchandise sponsor of ITB China 2020
- Theme: “Value + Compliance: Double Helix of MICE Business”
- Launch of China Dynamic Procurement Alliance
For the first time the conference takes place in Shanghai on 10 September 2019 – new trends shaping the future of Chinese MICE trips and events – top speakers from across China to share knowledge on topics covering all chains of MICE and Business Travel – more than 300 industry attendees to be expected
ITB China, the largest b2b exclusive travel trade show in China, has become strategic partner of the 2019 World Culture and Tourism Forum to be held on October 22-25 in Xi’an, China.
Increase with 17,000 attendees in total – well attended ITB China Conference with 4,000 attendees – positive business results – SeeVoov won ITB China Start-Up Award 2019 – demand for customized and themed trips rising – already many pre-registrations for next year’s show: 13 to 15 May 2020
800 exhibitors from 84 countries – many newcomers – Customized & Themed travel major topic – emphasis on 850 quality buyers – Italy as Official Partner Destination – New: ITB China Buyers Circle and ITB China Travel Trends Report – 120 industry speakers at ITB China Conference: Newly launched IT & Travel and Hotel Marketing & Distribution sessions – strong commitment by industry partners
- with 62% of respondents reporting an expected growth of 30% or more over the next three years
- Culture travel: highest willingness to pay
- culture travel products are increasingly targeting more specific demands
- Chinese-speaking guides will stay in demand
- Local experience programs, scenery and events are very important for culture travel
- Third conference day, 17 May, also dedicated to newly launched IT & Travel sessions
- Education & Job day: More than 40 companies and 13 newcomers by now
- HSMAI, Fudan University and newcomers Shanghai Normal University and East China Normal University exclusive partners of Education & Job Day
- Elevator-pitch and job wall
- sports travel is expected to reach RMB 1.5 trillion by 2020
- growing demand – but still difficult to buy events tickets
- travel form centred on unique and irreproducible events
- global sports stars is a main driving factor of sports trips
- ‘Local activities’ is the most important component for Chinese travelers
- 72% of surveyed travel agents agree that sports travelers primarily go in groups of friends, but families with children is a segment on the rise
- European football leagues are the most popular events to attend
• morning sessions of 17 May dedicated to new IT & Travel segment
• big data & data security will be hot topics of Conference Day 3
• full details of the conference program available online
Italian National Tourism Board newcomer and largest regional exhibitor – co-host of ITB China Opening Dinner on 14 May
• Second Conference Day, 16 May, focusing on Travel Tech, Online Travel, Hotel Marketing & Distribution, Business Travel & MICE
• Key findings of ITB China Travel Trends Report 2019 to be presented at 10 a.m. in presentation hub
• 3. ITB China Startup Award: Pitches & ceremony starting at 3 p.m. in Room A
15 May dedicated to sessions dealing with Destination and Customized/ Themed Travel – Conference program now available online
• Pitches & ceremony to take place on the afternoon of 16 May in the Conference Area
• Promising startups are shortlisted: Air Black Box, Nobility Technology Group, the Robins Barrier-free Travel, Pointmark, SeeVoov and TravelRight
• winner rewarded with booth at ITB China 2020
Growing popularity of sporting events – Sports travel: topic in ITB China Travel Trends Report and ITB China Conference
“Full process aviation experience”: Air China Keynote speech at ITB China Conference, 15 May 2019
Education & Job Day at ITB China on 17 May including HSMAI sessions for hoteliers and students
Israel Ministry of Tourism will be represented as exhibitor for the second time – this year’s annual theme in Chinese market: “Promised land, made with wisdom” – rising demand for culture trips – culture travel to be featured in ITB China Travel Trends Report and ITB China Conference
Strong demand for island vacations – Island travel to be featured in ITB China Travel Trends Report as part of the customized travel topic
ITB China and Qyer to renew partnership – new KOLs pavilion with presentation stage, networking area and gallery to feature customized and themed travel – IT’S MY WORLD TRAVEL AWARD to take place at ITB China 2019 for the second time: presented in 6 categories
• adventure travel appeals most strongly to Chinese millennials
• 52 percent of interviewees think Chinese travellers are willing to spend more than CNY10,000 on each adventure trip
• trip customization is key for all segments of adventure travellers
• safety, local activities and scenery most important three aspects that Chinese travellers care for in adventure travel
• almost 75 percent considered customized and personalized travel experiences to be in high demand when it comes to adventure trips
WTA’s Secretary-General to meet with Messe Berlin management during ITB Berlin 2019
Top 10 MICE & Corporate Travel Partners and 10 Customized & Themed Travel Partners confirmed
Alongside ITB Berlin 2019 Chinese high-ranking travel representatives meet successful entrepreneurs from the European travel and tourism industry.
Top speakers from Ctrip, Wyndham, Shouqi, Mafengo –Three new areas: Themed Travel, Customized Travel and Hotel Marketing & Distribution – Opening keynote speech by James Liang, Ctrip – second Education & Job Day on the 3rd Conference day.
For the first time ITB China 2019 will feature a dedicated ATTA Pavilion – Rapid growth in adventure travel – Adventure travel to be featured in ITB China Travel Trends Report .
23 Jan 19 – First-Ever Brand USA Pavilion® at ITB China 2019
Brand USA, the destination marketing organization of the United States, announced their support for ITB China by Conducting a Brand USA Pavilion® in 2019.
Deadline for submitting applications 10 April – award ceremony to take place 16 May at ITB China – Companies of all sizes and sectors may apply – winner rewarded with booth at ITB China 2020 – impressive jury list
• Trend towards more expensive journeys
• Customization key to addressing market segmentation and diverse experience preferences
• Marketing via new technology platforms
• Travelers continue to be influenced by the silver screen
Berlin/Shanghai, 10 January 2019 – Riding on the success of last year’s edition, ITB China, set to take place from 15 to 17 May in Shanghai, and the China Tourism Association (CTA) renewed their strategic partnerships.
Over 50 top buyers attended kick-off event in Wanning (Hainan Island) from 13 -14 December 2018 – Customized Island Travel Forum
Renewed partnership with European Travel Commission – Europe largest exhibitor at China’s marketplace for the travel industry –initiative of EU-China Tourism Year making progress
ITB China’s trend topic for 2019: Customized and themed travel, including island travel, adventure travel, sports travel and culture travel – Yearly publication conducted by Kairos Future and commissioned by ITB China – Experts to share insights at ITB China Conference
A nationwide community for China’s travel buyers – China’s marketplace for the travel industry introduces new ITB China Buyers Circle – Founding Partners of the Circle – ITB China Travel Trends Report – Inaugural Offline Event on Hainan Island in December
Wyndham Hotels & Resorts is the official Partner Hotel of ITB China 2019 – successful participation with positive response after first partnership in 2018
15 Oct 18 – Germany Pavilion Debuts at ITB China 2019
The VIR (Verband Internet Reisevertrieb) is organising a combined stand for tourism companies from Germany at ITB China 2019 – The German National Tourist Board, Solamento and Sunny Cars already confirmed their participation
18 May 18 – ITB China 2018: bigger and better!
Satisfied top-quality buyers and visitors – 15,000 attendees in total – well-attended ITB China Conference with 4,000 attendees – Timekettle and TravelFlan won 2018 ITB China Start-Up Award – many pre-registrations for next year’s show: 15 to 17 May 2019
Exhibitor Press Releases
Saudi Arabia is ITB China’s 2021 Culture Travel Partner. A country with a rich heritage and a magnificent nature. Discover its breathtaking desert, mountains and coast, learn about the Red Sea project, it’s holy cities and so much more. Explore now what Saudi has to offer!
On Tuesday 12 March 2019, Aurora Expeditions co-founder and Australian explorer and mountaineer, Greg Mortimer OAM attended the official sea launch of Aurora Expedition’s new stateof-the-art expedition ship, the Greg Mortimer in Shanghai, China.
Ambitions. It’s high time that Lithuania took its rightful position on the world tourism map. As Lonely Planet has acknowledged, Lithuania’s capital Vilnius is the most criminally overlooked capital city in Europe and there’s never been a better time to discover it.